26. October 2009 11:06
Ah…the open road, it’s your chance to get away from it all; maybe have some adventure and fun. This time of year is especially great for hitting the road and seeing the changing of the seasons. But before you head out, here are five tips for making it a safe and enjoyable road trip this fall:
- Map out where you’re going, and where you plan to stay. Make sure you know the route you’ll take. You can get updated maps and information online or at local travel agency. Also, let people know your travel plans and when you plan to arrive at your destination.
- Check on the latest weather conditions. Don’t get stuck in bad weather unexpectedly. Go online or check with local, and cable weather channels to keep up on the local weather conditions.
- Bring along extra water. Keep hydrated while you’re on the road to keep from becoming fatigued. If you get lost, you’re prepared.
- Pack extra food to take along. Plan to keep at least food for 1-2 days per person, and include healthy snacks (nuts, grains, fruits).
- Carry along a travel safety kit. Include an emergency medical kit, flashlight, batteries, portable radio, cell phone, and blankets.
Now you're ready for a fun autumn road adventure! Drive safe!
Learn How To Maximize The Value Of Your Home!
Did you know there’s a free consumer report showing which repairs and fix-ups will net you the most value for your home? It’s call the “Homeseller’s Guide To Money-Making Fix-Ups,” and it’s great even if you’re not planning on selling soon. You can get a free copy by visiting our website at…